[time-nuts] Rubidium oscillator controlled clock

Magnus Danielson magnus at rubidium.dyndns.org
Mon Jul 12 12:18:35 UTC 2010

Bernd,

On 07/12/2010 02:05 PM, ulmann at vaxman.de wrote:
>   Hello Ulrich -
> thank you very much for kind reply - this is a great suggestion. Would you
> recommend simple 74xx74 flipflops driven by the original 10 MHz signal
> delivered by the rubidium oscillator for resynching?

That should do the trick. Even if I doubt the gain would be significant,
you can use both the DFFs in there in series. It is the common way to
reduce the effect of unsynchronized signal into DFFs as there may be
meta-stability, so using two DFFs in series helps reducing the added
noise if the first DFF goes meta-stable. The '74 should be protected to
some degree if I recall things correctly, but it's there and free... so
why not?

Cheers,
Magnus