[time-nuts] Handy iPhone app

Peter Monta pmonta at gmail.com
Fri Jul 16 08:08:30 UTC 2010

Rex <rexa at sonic.net> wrote:

> I just eyeballed the minute turn-over but it was clearly within
> about a second.

Well, apparently it is a phone issue and not a cell-tower issue.
Searching the support forums yields the following trick:  disable
the automatic time setting, set it manually to a grossly wrong
time, then put it back to the automatic setting, causing it to
reacquire the time.  Now my phone is within 3 seconds of NTP.

Could there be some huge hysteresis/dead zone within which
the iPhone doesn't bother to trim its clock to the cell tower?  Sigh.

Cheers,
Peter Monta