[time-nuts] surface mount (was PICTIC II Parts from Mouser)

David Martindale dave.martindale at gmail.com
Tue Jul 20 18:12:37 UTC 2010

You'll probably also find that your fine motor control improves a bunch when
you can actually *see* what you are doing in 3D.  I got a stereo microscope
a year or two ago, and I'm amazed at how finely I can control the tip of a
pair of tweezers or a knife point or soldering iron under the microscope.
It works much better than trying to do the same thing with a one-eyed
magnifier like a loupe, partly because a microscope gives you more working
distance, but mostly because of the full 3D view of what you're doing.

My first stereo microscope was a surplus AO 40 that cost $100, so being able
to see what you're doing doesn't have to be expensive.

     Dave