[time-nuts] Datum TS-2100 Rubidium

Magnus Danielson magnus at rubidium.dyndns.org
Wed Jul 21 09:51:44 UTC 2010

On 07/21/2010 10:11 AM, David C. Partridge wrote:
>> but the LPRO isn't designed (well, according to the spec) for GND != -VE
>
> So long as you don't introduce it to real ground (i.e. isolate it), it won't know that the -12V is floating below world ground :-)

Doable, but surely chassi ground of the LPRO is also tied to electrical
ground? Last time I looked around, it sure looked like things where tied
to chassi too.

If so you need to electrically isolate the whole LPRO. The 10 MHz is
easy enough with a transformer. The control signals would not be too hard.

Another solution is to let the -12 V lead also be chassi... which works
but is prone to errors...

Cheers,
Magnus