[time-nuts] Basic question regarding comparing two frequencies

J. Forster jfor at quik.com
Sat Jul 24 23:06:26 UTC 2010

If you have NI card(s) it is easy. National makes the simple SW available
for free. Last time I looked there is a console command line utility and a
VB and C interfaces.

Labview is a different story. A new version is $$$. You can sometimes find
older versions on eBay. Some versions are PW keyed, so be careful. NI has
a stunning selection of virtual instruments for free, I think.

The HP-IB cards are much more problematic. AFAIK, there is little to no SW
support. I have a couple, but only because they are required to run a
specific instrument (a Laser Interferometer) with a PC and HP system SW.

There are also 2nd source GPIB cards (Prologix, etc). The SW support is
spotty, although I'm told that Prologix is pretty good.

FWIW,

-John