[time-nuts] HP 3458A schematic/service manual request

Don @ True-Cal True-Cal at swbell.net
Tue Jun 8 02:46:44 UTC 2010

Jeff,

Here are the current part numbers and price for the major assemblies of the 3458A. The A1 board is the most complex and expensive and requires complete calibration after replacement or service. As you can see, the A1 module cost is >$2000. Better plan! Agilent will repair (fixed rate) which includes bringing everything up to current ECN, fully margin test, and provide certified calibration for ~$2500. The resultant product is a world class DMM and well worth the investment.

Regards...
Don

------------------------
HP 3458A DMM

03458-66501  Rev D  A1 DC Circuitry
  Orderable $2,111

03458-66502  Rev E  A2 AC Circuitry
  Orderable $1,223

03458-69503  Rev C  A3 A/D Converter & Inguard Logic
  Orderable replacement 03458-66513 $1,009 - $201

03458-66504  Rev B  A4 Inguard Power Supply
  Orderable $205

03458-66505  Rev A  A5 Outguard Controller
    ROMs 03458-88870 thru 5  Rev 7  REV? 7,1
    SRAM DS1230Y-150  (2 ea.)
               DS1220Y-150
  Refurbished $595  **upgrade to opt-001 03458-69515 $659

03458-66506  Rev A  A6 Outguard Power Supply
  Refurbished $595 if available
  Replacement 03458-66516 $666

03458-66509  Rev A  A9 DC Reference
  Orderable $416   **upgrade to opt-002 03458-80003 $667