[time-nuts] Difficulty setting 1992 reference

John Green wpxs472 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 17 21:52:36 UTC 2010

I have had my Racal Dana 1992 on continuously for several months now and it
seems to have settled down quite nicely. Its error compared to my Z3801
hasn't changed noticeably in weeks. So, I decided to try to adjust it so
there was little/no error. The fine frequency adjustment seems to have quite
a lot of backlash. No matter how delicately I adjust it, it is either above
or below the Z3801. Has anyone found a method of adjustment that works? This
isn't really a big deal since I usually use the Z3801 as external reference
most of the time anyway.