[time-nuts] Galvanic decoupling of GPS antenna

Robert Benward rbenward at verizon.net
Fri Jun 18 19:33:38 UTC 2010

The jacket might be rated for it, but if it's a commercial operation, it's
against code to route it around without protection.  This would also apply
to your house, you can't run Romex vertically or horizontally against walls
where a human might crash into it, or damage it. The fear being bumping into
the exposed Romex with sharp metal object (tool) and cutting the insulation
which would present an electrocution hazard.  Overhead in the ceiling joists
is OK, but lower that head height, NG.  If it's against the wall, it should
be conduit, if it's floating like a connection to your boiler, then BX is
acceptable.

Bob