[time-nuts] Advantages & Disadvantages of the TPLL Method

Steve Rooke sar10538 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 21 05:26:08 UTC 2010

On 21 June 2010 08:07,  <GandalfG8 at aol.com> wrote:

> warrensjmail-one at yahoo.com writes:
>
> Short  summery for the Berry readers:
> The simple TPLL BB works fine and is better  than any OXCO that it has been
> used with.
> The fact that some so called  experts do not believe or understand why,
> does
> not change that proven  fact.
> *****
> and the longer story for those that have nothing better to  do all day long.
> For others that have been around for a while and have  endured reading the
> silly exchanges here,
> I do apologize for yet  another round of the same NS.
> But it would seem that some have missed a few  important points about this
> subject.
>
> I do not apologize for the  fact that I can not &/or will not explain every
> detail of the simple  TPLL BB that I've built in a way that satisfies  all.
> but
>

> ------------------
>
> Snake Oil anyone?

Well, Mr. Smartypants, the difference here is that his Snake Oil has
been proven to work. I don't particularly care how the thing works
mathematically, I'm more interested in the results. If you want to get
bogged down in the nitty gritty instead of looking at the big picture
then you are the one loosing out here.

A respected member of this list carried out tests of this TPLL
implementation against a $$$$ expensive piece of equipment and found
it produced very similar results over an expected range of usability
with a lot of different DUT and spending a month doing it. Stop trying
to extract stuff out of Warren that he has already said he is unable
to give you. He is an amateur experimental engineer (no offence
intended Warren) and as such doesn't have, or need, to understand this
stuff mathematically or in the secret special language that only the
professional engineering gods know. He has something you don't have,
he has a $10 gadgit that produces results that are easily good enough
for many on this list. So it looks like your the looser here!

Steve

--
Steve Rooke - ZL3TUV & G8KVD
The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once.