[time-nuts] Vremya-ch Hydrogen Masers

Magnus Danielson magnus at rubidium.dyndns.org
Tue Mar 2 08:32:36 UTC 2010

Jim Palfreyman wrote:
> Anyone here have any experience with these masers?
>
> In particular the VCH-1005A?
>
> I have been tasked to look after a number of these units and am currently
> going through the manuals (which are in English but written by a Russian, so
> they can be challenging :-)
>
> Any thoughts, hints or tips would be good, but it would also be handy to
> have contacts for down the track. These are newly installed.

I don't have first hand experience, but I wish you good luck.

The Vremya-ch masers is being relabeled and sold by several other maser
vendors. It's good stuff as far as I can tell from the users I have heard.

If you go for that class of toys, be sure to stabilize the humidity
alongside the temperature. It has been demonstrated to be a factor which
differs among various masers.

Cheers,
Magnus