[time-nuts] nubie querie

Don Collie jnr nccollie at vodafone.co.nz
Thu Mar 4 13:14:05 UTC 2010

I`m not sure that questions like these is welcome on this list, but here goes anyway :

1/ What are the the 10 sources of the most constant [invariant] frequencies known to man, in order of decreacing constancy? Four immediately come to mind.

2/ What is the mechanism in an oscillator, that is responsible for phase noise? [In only one sentence please]
If this is known, then it becomes easier to design low phase noise oscillators.

I hope you enjoy these questions,.................................Don.