[time-nuts] Advice on TRACOR 527E

Marco IK1ODO ik1odo at spin-it.com
Sun Mar 7 11:20:44 UTC 2010

At 11.17 07/03/2010, you wrote:
>Hi,
>
>Could you advice me about the  ''TRACOR 527E Frequency difference
>meter''

I have two of them. Very nice item to do a quick frequency
calibration between oscillators.
I feed it from an HP GPSDO, and it quickly tells the frequency
difference in parts to 10^11.
Working at maximum sensitivity it is a little noisy, but able to
immediately show the difference
between a good and a bad Rb - simply look at the needle to see phase
noise in action.
It also has a phase output (phase error multiplied up to 10000
times), so may be used with
a strip chart recorder (or, better, a data logger) to compare phase
between oscillators.

73 - Marco IK1ODO / AI4YF