[time-nuts] 5370A vs 5370B

Bob Camp lists at rtty.us
Wed Mar 10 17:23:44 UTC 2010

Hi

Right now my main concern is if the gizmo is broken beyond repair. Setting
trigger levels manually will be possible on the two main inputs. Not so much
on the external arm input. Going through a full calibration on the
interpolators - pretty major effort.

First up on the project list is getting the display rate pot set to
something rational. The external arm pot seems to be set to somewhere I can
trigger it. That moves it down the list.

Fan wise the noise is nowhere near as bad as a 5335 I have sitting here.
Maybe I got lucky on the fan.

The 5370 is packed pretty loose by modern standards. Lots of room for the
air to move around inside. OCXO is right in back by the fan so it can be
kept nice and cool ....

Is there anything special / unique about the 10811 in the 5370B? It's got a
unique part number, but that may not mean much.

Bob