[time-nuts] nubie querie

francesco messineo francesco.messineo at gmail.com
Wed Mar 10 21:47:38 UTC 2010

On 3/10/10, David Forbes <dforbes at dakotacom.net> wrote:

>  With regard to the restoration and use of a derelict radio telescope for
> amateur radio, that's a fine example of amateurs putting themselves to a big
> task and succeeding. I work on radio telescopes, so I know how big a task
> that is.

Here in Italy, radio telescopes, brand new ones like the Sardinia
Radio Telescope, get abandoned just a minute after they've been built
(or a minute before maybe).
I whish radio amateurs could have any role in rescuing such a great
tool for research and science (64m dish). Government looks not so
interested in science here.

Frank  IZ8DWF (IS0FKQ some years ago)