[time-nuts] What FreeBSD version for Soekris net4501 NTP server?

Pieter ten Pierick time-nuts-mail at tenpierick.com
Sat Mar 13 15:59:24 UTC 2010

Hello,

Do people on the list have a preference for using a specific version
of FreeBSD
for a ntpd/ntpns server running on a Soekris net4501 board?

I finally ordered (and promptly received) the Soekris net4501 board
that I wanted to connect to my Thunderbolt.
Having to start fresh (not having a FreeBSD machine...) I can choose
any version...
Any reasons not to use the latest (bleeding edge) version?
All 'How To Soekris & ntp' info on the internet are for older
versions of FreeBSD,
but those pages are then also from way back...

Thanks,
Pieter.