[time-nuts] HP 5065A performance vs. others

Bob Camp lists at rtty.us
Mon Mar 22 02:25:46 UTC 2010

Hi

Extra mu-metal shielding on the physics package might do more than just help with external fields. You have all sorts of variable currents running around in the box. They will generate fields that could indeed disrupt things at some level. Greater room to space things out would help with this kind of thing as well.

Has anybody characterized the noise performance of the photo detector in the 5065? As I recall it's one of the things that creeps into the signal to noise equation and thus into stability.

Bob