[time-nuts] Low-Cost 6+ GHz Prescaler

Samuel DEMEULEMEESTER sam at canardpc.com
Fri Mar 26 01:07:35 UTC 2010

About MMIC, that's true for the Minicircuits parts. Roll off is high at the
top of the range (from 13 dB to 8 dB), but the NBB-300 from RFMD seems to
have flat gain curve from DC to rated freq. This said, that's only paper and
I don't know the real behavior of this chip.

About sensitivity, 0 dBm is for 8 GHz, exceeding the rated specs of the
components (7 GHz for the ADF4107 for exemple). So, my "real" target is 6
GHz, but even at those freq, sensibility without amp stage is -10 dBm in the
worst case (it began to drop after 4 GHz). Doesn't looks sensitive enough,
does it ?