[time-nuts] Making a HP 10811 better

WarrenS warrensjmail-one at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 26 22:01:32 UTC 2010

Peter asked:
> "Could you post a drawing or photo showing the proper orientation of the
> zero-G axis?"

     Simple answer ... NO  see Bob's response on why.

BUT probable because they are made very similar, the double oven units I've
done it to, all end up at about the same angle.
Just imagine the worse possible angle to try and mount it (on one of its
corners) and that'll be close :-).
I hold them in place with a bunch of specially cut and shaped foam stuffed
all in a slightly bigger but tight fitting box.

It helps to have a fast reading High resolution freq difference meter to
find and do fine adjustment on their final angle.
I do each axes separately. The final results you want is when no matter
which way it is tipped, The freq always moves the same direction.
The improvement for small angles is really amazing, up to 100 times better.
BTW there are two zero-G turn over points, one is at min freq and one is at
max freq, which are about 180 deg different from each.
This is good to remember in order to place it so that you can get its cables
out.

ws
*****************
Hi
The true zero axis will be different for each individual oscillator.
Bob
*************
Behalf Of Peter Putnam
Sent: Friday, March 26, 2010 12:08 PM

Warren,

Could you post a drawing or photo showing the proper orientation of the
zero-G axis?

Thanks,
Peter

WarrenS wrote