[time-nuts] Making a HP 10811 better

Ed Palmer ed_palmer at sasktel.net
Mon Mar 29 17:01:57 UTC 2010

So the cold ambient temperature was simulating the retuning of the oven
temperature as described here:
http://www.realhamradio.com/z3801a-turning-point.htm and the particular
unit graphed in the article happened to have the oven temperature a bit
high.  Sounds like a sunny deck and a cooler of ice (plus your beverage
of choice, of course) would be useful test equipment to check your 10811
to see if retuning the oven is necessary.

Warren:
On your list of things to do, checking that the crystal inflection point
matches the oven temperature should probably come before adjusting the
thermal gain.

Ed