[time-nuts] Lying to Lady Heather

Bob Camp lists at rtty.us
Tue May 11 11:27:42 UTC 2010

Hi

Part of my problem is that all I have to go on are the Trimble definitions of the terms. I'm just playing with the numbers that load into the device, not doing an external loop.

There's no way to *eliminate* an instantaneous output change when there's an input change with a simple loop. You can only work to minimize it. When you do so, there may be side effects that you would rather avoid. I'm pretty sure that looking at the output of the TBolt against a cesium would show that it's a crummy time standard when you tune it as a frequency standard.

Bob