[time-nuts] Dual Mixer

WarrenS warrensjmail-one at yahoo.com
Tue May 11 17:46:57 UTC 2010

For the Really cheap time nuts,

It sounds like Bert Kehren has done a great Job building a Dual Mixer
There are other simpler, less standard ways to get good data for Allan
Variance and small frequency differences.
My VERY simple $10.00 analog tight PLL Tester BB (Previoulsy posted) pretty
much accomplishes the same goals as his,
and it can do 1e-13 in a second, and 1e-11 in 10ms  (limited of course by
the single reference Oscillator used)

A simple test that most can do at home, and still challenges the best high
end testers out there is Tom's the swinging Oscillator test.
(The results from my PLL tester is attached)