[time-nuts] Z3805 utility, Was: AW: (no subject)

Bill Hawkins bill at iaxs.net
Sat May 22 20:08:51 UTC 2010

When all else fails, get out the voltmeter.

Do you have power to the antenna? Is it the right voltage? All the way to
the antenna?

What volts are on pins 2 or 3 relative to pin 7 in the comm connector?

If you see 12 volts, that's RS-422. You may have burned out your computer's
serial port.

If you see less than 5 volts, that's RS-232 and all should be well, unless
you see zero volts.

I may have the RS-xxx volts somewhat off because my memory isn't what it
used to be.

The guy you bought it from should be able to help with comm basics.

Bill Hawkins