[time-nuts] Z3805 utility, Was: AW: (no subject)

Rex rexa at sonic.net
Sun May 23 11:38:52 UTC 2010

I see Ulrich was sending the message below as I was composing the other
message I just sent. I think we have both given information about the
serial connection that should be helpful.

Please note one thing that I included in my other message, that I
confirmed tonight. The Z3805A serial port defaults to 9600 8 N 1 but all
of those parameters can be changed with commands. The PC software must
be configured to match or there will be no communication. I didn't
power-cycle my Z3805 but I assume if I changed the port parameters and
then powered off/on the z3805, it would probably retain this new port
configuration.