[time-nuts] Z3805 utility, Was: AW: (no subject)

Jeff Hook jeffhook at comcast.net
Mon May 24 01:15:58 UTC 2010

Bob,
Does your "plain" serial cable have 25pin on one end and 9pin on the other?
If so, it shoud be 2-3 and 3-2 (because of DB9 toDB25 conversion)
If its 2-2 and 3-3 its a null modem cable (this is what you want)

This is not true if its 9 pin to 9 pin or 25 pin to 25 pin cable
"standard" serial cables are 2-2 and 3-3
Null modems are  2-3 and 3-2

Jeff