[time-nuts] A little quick advice, please

David I. Emery die at dieconsulting.com
Mon Nov 1 00:31:03 UTC 2010

On Sun, Oct 31, 2010 at 12:25:22PM -0700, J. Forster wrote:
> Two comments:
>
> I have a lot of Tek 7xxx stuff and almost none of it cost anything like
> $0.50 on the dollar. Virtually everything cost well under $0.10 /dollar.

	I would agree... I have rarely seen 80s/90s used TE sell for
more than about 5 cents on the original MSRP dollar... lots is
advertised for more, but look on Terapeak and see how much of that
actually ever sells at those prices.   One assumes the few items that do
sell at those exorbitant prices are either sold to naive newbies  who
don't know better or some company or agency that has the gear written
into a test procedure or installed in a system with specific to the
device software and simply MUST have an exact replacement.   And I darkly
suspect a few sales at high prices are money laundering... or conceal
other shenanigans...

--
  Dave Emery N1PRE/AE, die at dieconsulting.com  DIE Consulting, Weston, Mass 02493
'For Rent' sign still vainly flapping outside on the weed encrusted pole - in