[time-nuts] Gamma-ray and jitter

Magnus Danielson magnus at rubidium.dyndns.org
Sun Nov 14 16:13:16 UTC 2010

On 11/14/2010 04:05 PM, iovane at inwind.it wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> thanks for your comments.
>
> I take from them that the "galactic" jitter in an oscillator
> can't be seen unless one has a long time series (such as I did
> with temperature). Too many other causes would mask it, as
> some of you have evidenced. Nevertheless it exists, but has
> no practical implications in the current practice at our labs.
>
> Should anybody have an interest in my curve (maybe using it as
> a reference....), it is at
>
> http://xoomer.virgilio.it/iovane/trimestri1.xls
>
> Please look mainly at the curve labeled "ALL (A to H)", which
> summarizes two years of data (6+ million data points). Notice
> the valley when I'm opposite to the center of the galaxy.

What are the scales?
What are the time-reference?

If you have shown that the feature has a 86164 second period rather than
86400 s period a good exercise would be to show that it has a high
correlation to the integral of the half-hemisphere gamma rays (as show
in the graphs) the experiment is facing. Some deviation may naturally be
expected, as the experiment may not have the same sensitivity in all
directions to gamma rays, but the basic correlation should be there.
This correlation could be made into a stronger proof if done over the
year, as the hemisphere shifts over the sky over the years due to the
angle of the earth.

Anyway, I think we are going into off-topicness here.

Cheers,
Magnus