[time-nuts] Question on GPS receiver selection for 1pps

paul swed paulswedb at gmail.com
Wed Nov 17 23:01:34 UTC 2010

I may want to build a gps controlled reference. Already have a HP that works
well.
There are many comments about older technology like the jupiter T and 10KC
phase lock.(Nice and easy)

But those are older receivers and becoming harder to locate and consume far
more power.
 I see one person in China. Flicker.I. Price is right at $30. Might swear I
have seen comments on this list about that seller.

When I look at sparkfun as an example there must be 30 plus receivers with a
crazy 65 channels.
New receivers seem plentiful. About the only data I see is the 1 sec pps is
300ns as an example and cep is 2.5cm.
Is that good enough for a gps locked oscillator?
Does it matter since the system is locked over many seconds?
Thanks in advance appreciate your help and comments.
Regards
Paul
WB8TSL