[time-nuts] USB Low Cost GPS Timing Receiver

Brooke Clarke brooke at pacific.net
Sat Nov 27 00:58:20 UTC 2010

Hi Bill:

The telescope has around arc second pointing capability so I think he
needs a hundredth of a second or slightly better.

What's now done is to manually bring the scope onto a half dozen known
stars (called a short run) which sets time in the tracking software.
But if the tracking computer had much better time the short run would no
be needed.

I've found some NMEA software that will set a PC clock, but it expects
the data on a COM port.  Don't know how it might work with USB data.

Have Fun,

Brooke Clarke
http://www.PRC68.com