[time-nuts] If there a FAQ

jimlux jimlux at earthlink.net
Mon Nov 29 06:10:49 UTC 2010

Chris Albertson wrote:
> I'm new to this list.   Before I ask a lot of questions maybe someone
> can point me at some reading material.

There's a great presentation from John Vig on the web..
The Ap note from HP on time and frequency is also good.

> First question is a source of parts.    Where to get the TXCO?,  Is
> there a preferred design for WWV receiver,  What low cost GPSes should
> I look at?

OCXO's with good performance (as in low phase noise and decent Allan
deviation performance) are available on the usual surplus sources for
under $100, or even brand new for a few hundred bucks.

A good all-in-one package is something like a Thunderbolt