[time-nuts] 60kHz Loop antenna

Arthur Dent golgarfrincham at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 3 13:33:25 UTC 2010

Years ago I built a modification of the double shielded WWVB loop
antenna described by Don Lancaster in a 1973 magazine.

I have been using that same antenna ever since with good results in NH
where the signal is pretty weak and can always get a strong signal. I have
used it with both a Tracor 599J and an older modified RMS Engineering receiver
that was originally designed for WWVL. I did have to rebuild the amp and circuit
board in the base of the loop a few years ago when it failed because the seals
had started to let water in and the whole amp was a total loss.