[time-nuts] 60KHz Antenna Cont'd

Bill Hawkins bill at iaxs.net
Wed Oct 20 05:57:50 UTC 2010

Perrier,

You may have missed some bits. The plans are in the archives,
or ask John, your list manager. The coax is 1/4" in diameter
but doesn't have an RG designation on the cable. I used it
indoors near a window because 60 KHz isn't greatly affected
by wooden construction.

There is no resonating capacitor. That way lies phase angle
variations with temperature. I used it with a receiver that
had a 60 KHz crystal filter, no preamp.

Tried a shielded loop in the attic (tinfoil and twisted bell wire)
to a converted BC-454(?) TRF receiver with the IF cans resonated
for 60 KHz. Was swamped by 61 KHz signal from nearby CRT monitors.

My QTH is Minneapolis, MN, not that far from Fort Collins, CO.

Bill Hawkins