[time-nuts] WWVB NIST Radio Time Receiver

Heathkid heathkid at heathkid.com
Thu Oct 21 03:39:17 UTC 2010

Bill,

That wasn't the point.  I have several "ATOMIC" clock's from the 'mart,
r-shack, you name it... and they don't keep any more accurate time than most
of my wind up mechanical watches (sorry, I don't like quartz) unless I pull
the batteries and have them at a decent receiving location!

More have suggested what it could be used for (with a much improved antenna
of course).  Lots of great info from Brooke Clarke but wouldn't a PTO (or a
combination) be easier than trying to fine tune a ferrite rod?  If the
receiver works and the antenna is the only problem... I think that would be
the challenge (and a fun one too... I enjoy building antennas and even
winding coils).

Here is the US version at DigiKey:
http://parts.digikey.com/1/parts/637420-module-rcvr-w-cme6005-w-o-cpu-cmmr-6p-60.html

Too bad they have a minimum order... anyone want to buy three and sell me
one and split shipping?  :)

73 Brice KA8MAV