[time-nuts] Time of death-Again

jimlux jimlux at earthlink.net
Thu Oct 28 00:52:03 UTC 2010

Bill Hawkins wrote:

> I wonder if electrocuting the brain (with electrodes at the temples)
> would be reasonably instantaneous, and considerably less messy. Like
> electroshock therapy gone horribly wrong.

No..

this is the problem with the electric chair, after all..It's widely
acknowledged to not be an instantaneous death.

People get hit by lightning and survive, for instance.

Unless you physically dissociate the material, you probably can't
guarantee death.  It's sort of a timely(!) topic, being close to
Halloween and all... Isn't this the basis for those methods of killing
vampires.. physically separating all the components so that there's no
possibility of reanimation (bringing up the interesting thing that some
of those stories of vampires and zombies probably come from catatonia, etc.)