[time-nuts] Most precise clock ever created - here we go again

Chuck Harris cfharris at erols.com
Sat Oct 30 01:16:58 UTC 2010

Bill Hawkins wrote:
> Well, I've always thought that the reason that there are
> quantum dimensions, like the Planck time, is because we
> are living in a very high-class computer simulation. There
> has to be granularity at some level.

Only if you are looking at something.  If you aren't looking,
the finer precision levels don't need to exist.

For instance, if you glance at the tree canopy out of an
airplane window, it only needs to be green shapeless blobs.

There doesn't need to be anything living in the forest, only
perhaps a story line.

But if you are standing on the forest floor, it needs to have
branches, bark, leaves and twigs... but not cells and atoms.

If you look under a microscope, what you are looking at needs
cells.  If it is a really good microscope, even tinier stuff.
Smashing it with a Hadron collider, quarks and other things...

-Chuck Harris