[time-nuts] Time of death-Again

Neville Michie namichie at gmail.com
Sat Oct 30 11:33:22 UTC 2010

If you use n pulsars of different frequencies where n is a large
number, then individual pulsars
could do dramatic things and the rest would still define your time.
Include their spin down rate, velocity and position and I think that you
could define a time scale that would enable elapsed time to be deduced
from any arbitrary zero from the phases of all the pulsars.
It is a little like a random version of the method they use for distance
measurement with lasers where they modulate the beam with
IKHz, 10KHz, 100KHz, 1MHz, 10MHz etc and by observing the
phase of each they work out the time delay of flight.
cheers, Neville Michie