[time-nuts] A little quick advice, please

Alan Melia alan.melia at btinternet.com
Sun Oct 31 18:13:35 UTC 2010

Sampling scopes will display repetative signals above the sampling frequency
if the repetition rate of the signals and sampling rate are not
related....there were GHz bandwidth scopes in the 60s using this method. Not
a lot of good on single shot though. PC scopes are quite good for repetative
slow signal and single shot within their sampling rate. i have a Pico Tech
50Ms/s which works well with a simple old laptop.....it requires a parallel
port so was quite cheap on that auction site we love to hate.

It is a case with ALL measuring equipment you been to know HOW it works to
interpret what it telling you.

Alan G3NYK