[time-nuts] A little quick advice, please

William H. Fite omniryx at gmail.com
Sun Oct 31 20:07:25 UTC 2010

Interesting that you should post this, Brooke.  The local guy who was going
to sell me the TDS1012 got in touch and asked if I had looked at the Rigol
DS1052E.  He's a buddy and was selling me the Tek at his cost so no skin off
his nose if I buy a Rigol--which he does not sell.  I've spent the last hour
or so reading reviews and they are uniformly excellent.  So I think I'm
going that way.  The low screen resolution will annoy me for a week and then
I'll forget it.  My needs are not demanding and it should do just fine.

As to all the folks advocating 7xxx, 2xxx, etc. Tek scopes, I am neither an
EE or a technician and trying to keep a 20+ year old scope running offers no
allure for me.  I don't like troubleshooting and I don't do it efficiently,
so...

Anyway, if you have time, give me a more detailed review of the Rigol from
your own experience.

Thanks,

Bill