[time-nuts] A real-world precision timing need....

Mark J. Blair nf6x at nf6x.net
Sun Oct 31 20:44:00 UTC 2010

On Oct 31, 2010, at 8:06 AM, Bob Camp wrote:
> Adequate protection starts at about 1" of steel plate if it's angled to the incoming projectiles.

Using hardened armor plate (as used for steel "gong" targets) can get that down under a half inch, resulting in a lot less mass to drag downrange and back. It won't hurt to locate the sensor behind a berm, either. The sky screen and/or its supports will still get shot eventually, but that will be a lot cheaper to replace than the sensor.

--
Mark J. Blair, NF6X <nf6x at nf6x.net>
Web page: http://www.nf6x.net/