[time-nuts] homebrew maser

Heathkid heathkid at heathkid.com
Wed Sep 1 02:11:13 UTC 2010

How about a "Laser-Cooled Mercury Ion Frequency Standard"?
http://tf.nist.gov/general/pdf/1225.pdf

Here's another approach:

"A diode-laser optical frequency standard based on laser-cooled Ca
atoms:Sub-kilohertz spectroscopy by optical shelving detection"
http://www.nist.gov/customcf/get_pdf.cfm?pub_id=105042