[time-nuts] OT: GPS simulator

Magnus Danielson magnus at rubidium.dyndns.org
Sat Sep 11 22:38:03 UTC 2010

Fellow time-nuts,

While this is off-topic, I just wanted to drop a few lines...

Spectracom/Pendulum (Pendulum Instruments is now parts of Spectracom)
has released a 8 channel GPS simulator. It's an L1 C/A only thing, but I
thought it may be useful for some of you guys to know about.

It's designated GSG-54 and you find it on the Spectracom/Pendulum website.

You can upload trajectories in NMEA format and ephimeris in RINEX.
Ethernet, USB and GPIB interfaces.

I haven't had it out for a test-drive, so I have no idea how good it is.

Cheers,
Magnus