[time-nuts] Fan Filters

Charles P. Steinmetz charles_steinmetz at lavabit.com
Wed Sep 15 21:20:28 UTC 2010

Mark wrote:

>Urethane technology has come a long way since the 5370 came
>out...  but given time,  all urethanes seem to revert to their primordial goo.

It was for this reason that I started using the ScotchBrite
sheets.  3M originally supplied both uncoated and abrasive-coated
material (the latter marketed for metal finishing and automotive
painting applications).  I have both, and it is not hard to tell the
difference.  However, my stash is over 20 years old, and I do not
know what 3M makes now (in particular, whether they still supply
uncoated grades).

As others have noted, there are several sources of materials that are
intended for air-filtration service.

Best regards,

Charles