[time-nuts] LPRO101 orientation vs lock

Bob Bownes bownes at gmail.com
Thu Sep 16 20:53:18 UTC 2010

Nice to know I'm not the only one who has had this idea.

My thinking was to use a laptop supply plugged into a socket on the
back of the TM5006 and route volts down a pair on the back-plane to
modules that need continuous power. Drive the GPSDO and ovens on the
modules that have them.
And use a couple of other pairs for USB/serial, put a USB<->GPIB and
USB hub in the empty space back around the power supply. Poof, modern
instrument. More or less. :)

Have also considered using a TM50{2,3,4} as an enclosure/basis for a
rover transverter setup.

Bob
KI2L