[time-nuts] Thunderbolt initial check out?

francesco messineo francesco.messineo at gmail.com
Mon Sep 20 10:31:09 UTC 2010

Hello,

On Mon, Sep 20, 2010 at 12:21 PM,  <d.seiter at comcast.net> wrote:
> Between Tboltmon and Ladyheather, you'll see that your unit either works or it doesn't. My bet is that it will work just fine, even if the antenna is indoors- and then you won't be able to stop watching it (esp. with lady heather) for at least a few hours... Have fun!

well, this is not entirely true. I once witnessed a tbolt that
partially worked, it wasn't able to save the position so it needed to
do a self survey at each power down and the temperature sensor
appeared also not working as it reported always the same (improbable)
temperature. It also wouldn't save any parameter different from a
factory default.
10 MHz output and pps were present. The vendor sent a replacement unit
by the way.
Just for the record anyway...

best regards

Frank