[time-nuts] [qs1r] Looking for good, cheap, external reference

Heathkid heathkid at heathkid.com
Sat Sep 25 18:57:24 UTC 2010

I wouldn't go by the photos posted as even the item shipped is *not* what is
shown (stock photo?).

Anyway, I've gotten two TBolts (one from each vendor you linked to) and they
are *identical*.  Same in every way as if from the same stock.  I can say I
have been very happy with my purchases from both of these vendors (both
shipped fast and VERY well packaged).

I've opened up both TBolts (both a dark battleship gray color) and they both
have the Trimble OCXO and v3.00 firmware (on a sticker).  Both have the same
DS1620 temp sensor... but there is where I have a question.

What is the preferred (better) temperature sensor I've read about?  I have
searched the archives and have not yet found the right thread I guess.

Has anyone made a list of "these are the components you want to look for
when purchasing a Thunderbolt"?

Thanks...