[time-nuts] GPS clock offset frequency

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Tue Sep 28 10:27:42 UTC 2010

> Can someone on this list provide me with a definitive engineering reference
> (not a second party academic assumption of the value) that provides the
> actual offset frequency of on-board GPS clocks set by the engineers?

Google for >10.229 999 999 543< gets 2 hits.

Google for >10.229 999 995 43< gets lots of hits.  The top one is:
  http://tycho.usno.navy.mil/ptti/ptti2002/paper20.pdf
34th Annual Precise Time and Time Interval (PTTI) Meeting
TIMEKEPING AND TIME DISSEMINATION IN A
DISTRIUTED SPACE-BASED CLOCK ENSEMBLE

That's not a definitive reference, but one of the hits might have a reference
to the docs you are looking for.

I'm pretty sure I've seen an official document that's probably what you are
looking for, but it may not have that number in it and/or may have written in
slightly differently.  One of the papers may have enough info so you can
double check things.