[time-nuts] Allan Variance

Martyn Smith martyn at ptsyst.com
Wed Sep 29 16:18:09 UTC 2010

Hello,

Can anyone recommend software to calulate the Allan varaince from a set of
data?

I have taken many measurements with the SR620 using it's 500 second gate and
downloaded the results into Excel.

I can use the SR620 itself to calulate the Allan Variance.  However, I want
to know the Allan Varaince over a 10000 second sample instead of 500
seconds.

Hoping to plug the data into software and get the result!!

Regards

Martyn