[time-nuts] SI Unit Problems

Poul-Henning Kamp phk at phk.freebsd.dk
Tue Apr 5 22:04:17 UTC 2011

In message <4D9B5A36.506 at rubidium.dyndns.org>, Magnus Danielson writes:
>On 04/05/2011 05:25 PM, Brooke Clarke wrote:

>I haven't had the brains to follow the rant, but I think the problem
>doesn't exist any more. Current docs should make it coherent.

I think he is fundamentally (ha!) confused.

There is no reason for him or anybody else to think that the
redefinition of the radian has anything to do with the Hz at all:
Hz has never been defined in terms of the radian nor vice versa.

Hz is the reciprocal of time, the same exact way conductivity
(Siemens) is of resistance (Ohm) and that's all there is to that.

But his rant about the Candela is spot on.