[time-nuts] Tissot wrist watch

Greg Broburg semiflex at comcast.net
Wed Apr 6 14:33:48 UTC 2011

For mechanical watch movements such as Rolex
and Patek quality used a microphone to resolve
the sounds of the escapement reference. They
had a strip chart recorder on the top and displayed
the recovered acoustical signature onto a plot of
against the internal crystal reference which ran a
stepper motor moving the paper. I believe that the
manufacturer was Heuer. Last look was 20 yrs ago.

Same idea for 32k768 bender time references
different type of acoustical pickup then lots of
gain and a BP filter at 32k8.

No experience with newer 4M194 style watches.
Maybe build an RF induction pickup with a 4M2
filter and amplifier to try to find it then more
cleanup to get it to a counter

Greg