[time-nuts] Oncore battery backup

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Wed Apr 6 21:13:41 UTC 2011

paulswedb at gmail.com said:
> The charger does not deliver enough current to effectively charge the
> battery set if its larger then the original design. As such the battery life
> is effected up to 50% and certainly the operating capacity.

I'm missing something.  I'd expect it to just charge slower.  What's wrong
with that?  (as long as you are willing to wait longer and the unit doesn't
overheat and ...)

Actually, I'd expect charging slower to be (slightly) better for battery life.

Consider systems that charge batteries from solar cells.  They work fine on
less than full bright sun.