[time-nuts] Oncore battery backup (answer to question)

vilgotch at bigpond.net.au vilgotch at bigpond.net.au
Wed Apr 6 23:49:42 UTC 2011

 Hi all,

I had this quandary when using older VP Oncores that I bought at an auction. The on board rechargable batteries were defunct and the receivers did not have a connection to pin 1 of the header. I solved the problem by connecting a schottky diode between the battery terminal on the board and pin 1 so that I could put a 3 V Li cell on the mother board. That works very nicely. The diode avoids damage to the Li cell from the charging circuit. Rechargeable Li cells are very hard to find down here.

Morris